Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.01 does not show IP Modem option
To enable the IP Modem option
- Make sure the Blackberry Desktop Manager and the Blackberry have been connected already
- Close the Blackberry Desktop Manager
- Windows Vista / 7 - On the computer go to C:\Program Data\Research In Motion\Blackberry\
Windows XP - On the computer go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Research In Motion\Blackberry
Note If you do not see Program Data (Vista/7) or Application Data (XP) then you must Show Hidden Files and Folders first. See directions below.
- Open the ip_modem_configuration.xml file using wordpad
- Click Edit > Find... and type in your carrier (ie: T-Mobile, AT&T)
- Note For instances such as AT&T, it must be & instead of &. Also, you may need to find the original carrier of the Blackberry and enable that carrier.
- Change enabled="false" to enabled="true"
- Save the file
- Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager and plug in the Blackberry
- The IP Modem option should now appear
To Show Hidden Files and Folder
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- Windows XP - Click Switch to classic view on the left panel
Windows Vista - Click Classic View on the left panel
Windows 7 - Click All Control Panel Items icon
- Open the Folder Options icon
- Click the View tab
- Find Show Hidden Files and Folders in the list box and place the dot next to it
- Click Apply then Ok
Also, if you are currently in a folder, click Organize > Folder Options (Vista) or Tools > Folder Options (XP) to get to the Folder Options.
|Was this article helpful?
Current Rating: 27