How to do a System Restore on a Apple iPhone
Warning: This will erase ALL DATA from the iPhone.
To do a System Restore
- Turn the iPhone off by holding down the Power button until it asks to slide the bar to off
- Hold down the Home key on the iPhone
Note that the Home key is the button on the front of the iphone.
- While holding the Home key, plug the phone into a Mac or PC computer with itunes installed
- When the device displays a USB cord pointing to the itunes icon, release the Home key
- Open Itunes on the computer. It should display the iPhone in Recovery Mode.
- Select the option for System Restore on the itunes application.
- The iPhone will be Restored to its factory state
|Was this article helpful?
Current Rating: 4